Conditions of use of ASSIST Portal
By continuing to use ASSIST Portal you accept the amended Terms or Use.
- ASSIST Portal provides access to ASSIST and associated materials. ASSIST is a screening tool only and not a diagnostic tool. ASSIST has not been validated for use in people under 18 years of age. ASSIST provides a general indicator of risk due to substance use. You are responsible for determining the suitability or otherwise of ASSIST.
- While ‘low’, ‘moderate’ and ‘high’ risk scores give an indication of the appropriate level of intervention, they should be used in conjunction with clinical judgement. We take no responsibility for the outcome or consequences of using this tool.
- Neither we nor any third party will be liable for any errors in ASSIST and information made available via ASSIST Portal, or for any actions you take in reliance on ASSIST or information in ASSIST Portal. Neither you nor any other person may hold us liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in respect of ASSIST Portal or the transmission or delivery of ASSIST via ASSIST Portal, or for any liability, loss or damage arising from any of them.
- We may, at our discretion, remove, modify or update ASSIST or information in ASSIST Portal from time to time and without notice to you. Such updates include any modifications, enhancements, improvements, or revisions to ASSIST or information, including any updates to correct errors or to comply with changes to law or industry guidelines.
- You agree that we may access, preserve, use and disclose your personal information if required to do so by law (or by any judicial or regulatory body), where expressly authorised by you, or where in good faith we believe that such access, preservation, use or disclosure is reasonably necessary in our opinion to:
- provide the Member Service;
- respond to your enquiries;
- comply with legal process, including but not limited to civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures; or
- comply with required or commercially prudent record keeping practices.
Should you have any questions or queries regarding appropriate use of the ASSIST and associated tools please contact Professor Robert Ali via the ASSIST portal.